Friday, January 6, 2012

Tee Gee Eye Eff

Well, here we are.
One week into 2012.
One week closer to IMC.
One week closer to NZ.

CrAzY!

I am also one week removed from active recovery and am now back into my regular training regime and the start of the dreaded, wait, I mean, oh-so-glorious, BUILD.

I’m starting to think I was maybe a little too focused on the ‘recovery’ part of things over the holidays and perhaps not enough on the ‘active’ part, as both of my workouts on Tuesday (intervals, oh, intervals) were a bit of a shock to the system. That said, after getting over the shock of these workouts and the feeling that Kelly may be trying to kill me, the rest of the week has gone fairly well and I’m sure it will only get easier from here. Right? Right?

Also, this weekend is my second to last weekend of Yoga Teacher Training! As much as I’ve loved this experience and am so happy I decided to do it – I will be really happy when the course is over. Working all week and then being in class all weekend can be very draining and I think is what partially contributed to my December burnout.

Anyway, all that said, since it’s Friday and I don’t have much to report on the training front besides the fact that my interval workouts almost killed me on Tuesday, I decided to finally steal an idea that I’ve been meaning to steal for a while (that’s how the blogosphere goes round right? One person steals a good idea, then the next, and the next….)

And so, I present to you some of my Random Friday Facts (or is it Random Facts Friday?)

1) I really like that split second when you are driving in the rain and you go under an underpass and the sound of the rain on the windshield stops momentarily. It always makes me smile.

2) My aunt gave me a pair of scented fuzzy green socks once. I thought it was a bit of an odd gift at the time – scented socks, really? – but they are one of the most comfortable pairs of socks I’ve ever owned, and while they no longer smell like gardenias (or whatever) they are still fuzzy and nice and I am wearing them today.

3) Whenever I see someone I know but haven't seen in a long time, I am never sure if I should say hi or not because I'm not sure if he/she will remember me. I suppose what that really means is that I never think anyone remembers me - ever.

4) Growing up, I was pretty sure I would be the first woman to play in the NBA. Now, I maybe, maybe, touch a basketball once a year.

5) I’ve seen Damn You Auto Correct before, but have never paid much attention to it. Yesterday I came across The 25 Funniest AutoCorrects Of 2011. Number 6. Oh man, Number 6.

6) I’ve been running in Nike Pegasus for pretty much my entire “running career” with a small detour into a pair of Asics at one point. I doubt I will ever stray again. I think the Pegasus are the perfect shoe.

7) I’ve been really digging this song lately….



And on that note… I’m out.
HAPPY FRIDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment