Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Weekly Goal Setting

This week, I’ve decided to set a little mini-goal for myself.

The goal: to complete all of my workouts without cutting any of them short.

This really shouldn’t be too too hard, as I generally like to stick with my schedule and I don’t alter “the plan” that often. That said, I’ve noticed over the last couple weeks, I’ve been a little too nonchalant about, say, only doing a 5’ cool down on a run as opposed to a 10’, or perhaps shortening the amount of time I do drills, etc. etc. I blame it partially on the weather and other time constraints (like trying to get a full run workout in during an hour long lunch break and still having time to shower), but also partially for the fact that I have slowly created this bad habit and somehow continually allow myself to justify it. The cool down is part of the workout too, and I just need to reinforce that in my brain.

So, the week has started well. After a rest day on Sunday, I had a trainer ride and run to do on Monday. Done and done! Nothing cut short, nothing skipped.

This morning was a swim workout followed by a strength session. I lost track of time a little in the gym and did end up being about 10’ late for work (oops) but I got the entire workout done – including all 40 push ups! (even if there was an extra rest break during the push ups than there was supposed to be, haha).


Also, because I can’t seem to write a blog post lately that doesn’t meander from one random topic to another; I came across this article yesterday and enjoyed reading it, so figured I’d share.

The author lists his “Ten Principles of Personal Development.” My favourite of these “Ten Principles” is:

You become what you think.

Pretty powerful string of 5 words if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment