Thursday, January 12, 2012

Intervals are FUN!

Week 2 of the BUILD is going well - really well in fact. I’ve had very similar (if not exactly the same) workouts this week as I did last week, and Tuesday’s “best average” set in the pool, followed by an interval run later in the day actually – wait for it – felt good!

[So I guess Kelly wasn’t really trying to kill me after all. Kinda makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, non?]

So, let's see...
The past weekend was chock-a-block full of yoga (with a couple of easy runs thrown in for good measure). I was tired, slightly yoga’d out, and dang ready for a weekend by the time 5pm Sunday rolled around, but alas, it was not meant to be and it was straight back into the regular grind on Monday morning. I got up early to spin on the trainer before heading to work, and it was the best decision, as it allowed for some much needed downtime on the couch Monday evening.

Since then, it has been a busy week, but aside from feeling slightly “off” yesterday and not really knowing why, I feel like my workouts have all been clicking and I’ve been feeling strong. As mentioned above, Tuesday’s intervals went about 100x better than the previous Tuesday. Last night’s return to trainer class was fab, and this morning – even though I snoozed a little too long and was a bit late to the pool – my swim was, in the words of Guy Fieri, on point!

I also am not feeling quite as yoga’d out any longer and had a nice quiet practice on my own in the lobby of the McPherson Playhouse yesterday during my lunch break. Kind of a great perk to the job to be able to practice in such a quiet and pretty space.

The camera on my relic of a phone really doesn’t do it justice, but well, with art all around me and the sun shining, it was a pretty great place to spend an hour practicing.

Tonight I run, and then am teaching yoga to a class at VI Fitness for the first time. I’m nervous, but excited. Friday is a much needed rest day. (TGIF indeed!) Saturday Shane turns 32. (How did this happen? When did we become adults? Has time sped up?)


Also, this video has been cracking me up lately…. ENJOY!


Namaste, mutha f*ckas.

No comments:

Post a Comment