Friday, January 20, 2012

Pure Joy, Excuses and Random Stuff

Is it Friday already?

I suppose the week has kind of gotten away from me. It has been filled with snow (and “snow days” off from work), comedians (Gerry Dee, you are one funny man), yoga (practicing and observing), swimming (in a pool almost all to myself – thank you snow), biking (ahh, the good old trainer) and, well, one altered and one skipped run workout (explanation to come).

Anyway, let’s see…. it has definitely been an easier week on the training calendar which has been really nice, especially as I head into my last full weekend of Yoga Teacher Training (yay!).

That said, I still managed to drastically modify one run workout and miss a second run workout all together this week. I’m blaming these lapses on the snow that blanketed Victoria, but I suppose that is just an excuse and with a little extra effort I probably (maybe) could have fit the run in that I missed if I had of really really tried.

I do think I made the correct decision about modifying my interval run, as it didn’t seem safe to be doing intervals along the side of a snow and ice covered road with no sidewalk – safety first and all that good stuff (you're welcome Mom).

But, back to my excuses regarding the skipped run… I wasn’t sure when or where I could squeeze the workout in that wasn’t uber-icy and my schedule for the day didn’t allow any time to go to the gym to run on a treadmill. Surprisingly, I didn’t feel like stressing about it and so, I just X'd it off the ol’ schedule and tried to put it out of my mind. (FYI: that is definitely rare for me - not stressing about a missed workout). I managed to feel fine with my decision for almost one whole day. But of course, now I feel guilty, haha.

Anyway, because it’s Friday and I kinda dig this, here is another version of Random Facts Friday.

1) I'm pretty sure this face is the definition of pure joy.

Happiest pooch in all the land!


2) There seem to be a lot of websites where you can find random facts on the internet. Three of the facts I found are:
* In high school, Robin Williams was voted 'Least Likely to Succeed.'
* Tasmania is said to have the cleanest air in the world.
* The aorta, the largest artery in the body, is almost the diameter of a garden hose.
I have no idea if any of these facts are indeed true.

3) I do not know how to do the butterfly or dolphin kick. I’ve attempted flip turns before (in the privacy of Shane’s Dad’s backyard pool), but I am too afraid/embarrassed to try them at the pool in front of people. So, if anyone wants to join me at JdF to practice flip turns and look silly together, please let me know.

4) How’s this for random?



5) Ironman Canada was exactly 218 days, 14 hours, 3 minutes and 44 seconds away at the time I wrote this.

6) When I post next I will be a certified yoga instructor.

1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how much I enjoy reading your blog - you make me laugh often, cry sometimes but always, always love the fact that you are an amazing person and a gifted writer and have a wonderful outlook on life itself. Glad to hear that you did not "stress" to much about the missed workout and that you thought of safety first.

    ReplyDelete