1) I had a great run last night. A simple out and back that took me along the waterfront and onto a new(ish) route through Esquimalt that ended up taking me past the house that I started my life in. I didn’t really know where I was, so it was a nice surprise. Anyway, I believe we lived there until I was 3 or 4 years old? It made me smile.
|It looks a little different than I remember. |
(thank you Google Street View)
However, it got me thinking… I’m pretty sure one of the worst things in the world might be getting splash-back from a porta-potty. Thankfully, that didn’t happen to me, but man, could you imagine the horror, a “wet cheeks poopie” in a porta-loo, blech.
*Also, if you’ve never seen the poopie list and enjoy some good bathroom humour, see the bottom of this post.
3) Sometimes, when I need a good laugh and I’ve already re-read the poopie list for the 8000th time, I will go back and read this post over and over. Never fails to make me snort. Two words: Leather. Cheerio.
If you have never visited Mediocre Athlete’s blog before, it is a must read (in my opinion).
4) I can’t say I was laughing at this article, but definitely smiling. Way to go Ryder.
5) Which brings us to the Olympics. I am an OLYMPIC JUNKIE! The Olympic Games definitely make me smile. Can’t wait. Getting to cheer for my awesomely-fast cousin, Cam Levins, in both the 10,000m and the 5,000m makes it all the more thrilling.
Send positive and fast vibes in Cam’s direction on:
- August 4 ~ 10,000m Final @ 21:15
- August 8 ~ 5,000 m Preliminary race @ 10:45
- August 11 ~ 5,000 m Final race @ 19:30
[these times are London time, I haven’t done the conversion yet]
|I need to figure out how to get my hands on one of these bad boys.|
7) And last but not least, sunny days and impromptu lunch-time Qoola dates make me smile. Mmmmm, frozen yogurt with self-serve toppings.
*THE POOPIE LIST
The kind where you feel the poopie come out, but there is no poopie in the toilet.
The kind where you poopie it out, see it in the toilet, but there is nothing on the toilet paper.
The kind where you wipe your butt 50 times and it still feels unwiped, so you have to put some toilet paper between your butt and underwear so you won't ruin them with a stain.
Second Wave Poopie
This happens when you're done Poopie-ing and you've pulled up your pants to your knees, and you realize that you have to Poopie some more.
The kind where you strain so much to get it out, you practically have a stroke.
It's so noisy, everyone within earshot is laughing.
The kind of Poopie you have the morning after a long night of drinking. Its most noticeable trait is the skid marks on the bottom of the toilet.
Lincoln Log Poopie
The kind of Poopie that is so huge you're afraid to flush without first breaking it into little pieces with the toilet brush.
The kind where you want to Poopie but all you do is sit on the toilet and fart a few times.
Spinal Tap Poopie
That's where it hurts so badly coming out, you would swear it was leaving you sideways.
Wet Cheeks Poopie (The Power Dump)
The kind that comes out of your butt so fast, your butt gets splashed with water.
The kind where yellowish-brown liquid shoots out your butt and splashes all over the toilet bowl.
It smells so bad your nose burns.
The Surprise Poopie
You're not even at the toilet because you are sure you're about to fart, but oops.......a Poopie!!!
The Dangling Poopie
This Poopie refuses to drop into the toilet even though you know you are done Poopie-ing it. You just pray that a shake or two will cut it loose.