Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Today.

I looked at my blog today.
I’ve looked at it a few times over the last two weeks – more than a few actually.
I look at it almost every day (even though a lot of the time it is simply a means for me to link through to the many other blogs I read on a regular basis).
I looked at my blog today and realized I have not written a post in just over two weeks!

Where has the time gone?
Am I suffering from “blog fatigue”?
Or have I simply been too busy training?

Maybe the reason is due in small part to each of these things.

Training: check.
I’ve definitely been doing a fair bit of training.
Work: check.
Work has been busier than normal... and since I still have not struck it rich, I’m still there almost 40 hours a week.
Blog fatigue (aka “writers block”): maybe.
I’m not really sure.

Because of each of the above things, I’ve decided to mix things up a bit with a short list of the highlights of the last two weeks of training. While I’ve been slightly fatigued this past week, overall I feel like training has been going really well and overall has been really positive.

I haven’t missed a workout and I haven’t doubted myself or my abilities at all lately.

I feel strong. I feel fit. I feel healthy.

So... the HIGHLIGHT REEL
- Having a consistent, smooth and relaxed swim stroke.
- Having that same consistent, smooth and relaxed stroke translate into a number of workouts with ever improving times.
- A quick spin up Stebbings Rd to Goldstream Heights... and while I didn’t ride all of Goldstream Heights, it was nice to ride a bit of it and know that by the end of the summer, that hill will be my bitch.
- My first 100km+ day on the bike (following the “iron distance” swim of 3.8k).
- Feeling like I’m starting to get the hang of nutrition on the long workouts and discovering how much I love peanut butter Clif Bars.
- Running at Elk/Beaver lake.
And last but not least...
- Starting my recovery week with a nice massage!!

Well, until next time, thanks for reading [even if it is just you Mom] :)

No comments:

Post a Comment