Thursday, November 5, 2009

Uh-oh... the Red Cups are back!

One of my biggest vices is spending far too much money and consuming far too many empty calories on lattes. I love lattes. With a good shot of espresso I love them just as they are – espresso and milk. But I also love them wrapped in sugary goodness and filled with all sorts of gooey artificially flavoured syrups. I try to support my local coffee shops (Habit, Street Level Espresso and Discovery Coffee are my top picks by far – great coffee and great baristas at each of these shops), but there is just something wonderful about the “holiday” flavours that come packaged in a lovely red cup from Starbucks that I just can’t resist. Oh the corporate machine has got me and it’s got me good. It’s just so hard to decide, eggnog or gingerbread, caramel brûlée or peppermint mocha. It’s like Christmas in a cup!

Now, what has this got to do with triathlon training you ask? Well, it seems it was perfect timing this year. On November 1st I “officially” started on my Ironman training schedule (it feels so good to be back into a routine). It also seems that on November 1st the red cups came back and therefore my latte calorie consumption is about to go up!

So, I’m thinking, maybe the training will help balance out this holiday indulgence?

No comments:

Post a Comment