Monday, November 16, 2009

Lessons Learned

I headed out for an easy 40’ (last 16’ as :30RP/:90EZ) run today on my lunch break. As the pineapple express beats down on the island I couldn’t help but be reminded of a few wet weather lessons….

Running in the rain is actually not so bad.
Running is the rain with a tail wind is really quite nice.
However, running in the rain with a head wind is not my favourite thing.
On that topic, running on Dallas Rd during a storm is probably not the best idea.
And running on Dallas Rd during a storm into a headwind is an even worse idea.
But running downhill with a tailwind at race pace is awesome.

Also…
My Garmin is not waterproof (which I already was well aware of, and yet, it still bothers me. It’s like I expect it to become waterproof between each rainy workout).
A ‘dry fit’ tech shirt does not keep you dry (not that I really expected it to).
Covering my Garmin with the sleeve of said ‘dry fit’ tech shirt does not keep my little gadget any drier than just leaving it uncovered.
Running commando when you’ve only got the one pair of knickers that you wore to work for the day is a very good idea.
New socks are the best! (thanks Kelly & Nick)
Running in the pouring rain makes my sponge bath in the office bathroom post-run much easier…. Ahhh, nature’s shower.

And…
Last but not least, no matter what the weather, getting out for a run on your lunch break is way better than sitting at your desk staring at the computer all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment