Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Boston Bound!


So, it’s finally here. Tomorrow morning, bright and early, we (me, Kirsten, Ty, Mom and Dad) board a plane to Boston while Shane stays home and trains for Ironman all on his lonesome (lucky guy, haha). Although, I was perhaps a bit of a whiner on our 4hr ride this weekend, so he might actually be happy to be rid of me for a bit.

That said, let’s not focus on me being a whiny baby who perhaps bonked slightly 3hrs into our 4hr ride and perhaps had a minor internal/mental meltdown when I didn’t want to climb any more mammoth hills…

It’s BOSTON MARATHON time ~ and that’s all that should really matter.

I know the Kik-ster is uber-excited, but also pretty nervous for the big event, whereas, I think the rest of us just get to be excited (although, my Mom is probably nervous too – it’s a Mom thing right?).

I’m fully expecting Boston to be like one big running carnival and aside from a fun little 5k on Sunday; my main purpose of this trip is to be the ultimate race spectator. The cowbell is packed.

Other than that, I don’t have much to say really. The past weekend was great (but I think any 4 day weekend is bound to be pretty magnificent). I had an absolutely amazing tempo run on Friday, 3/4 of a good ride on Saturday (see above), a decent long(ish) run on Sunday around the Lakes and a very nice day off from work and training on Monday… and now it is Boston time. What’s not to love?

Happy Boston Week!


Oh, and one other random thing… as I was searching for swimming pools near our hotel in Boston (so I can continue to get some training in), I came across this article.
How the heck does that happen? Two days?!  And I thought the lifeguards at JdF were slightly negligent at times. Wowza.

No comments:

Post a Comment