Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Time is Here

Well, after last week’s whiny “poor me” post about how training has been a bit of a struggle lately, I figured a happy post was in order… and what is happier than the Peanuts signing Christmas songs?

Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest.


Anyway, now that that song is completely stuck in your head and you have a happy holiday smile on your face, let’s recap shall we?

So, thankfully, I feel like I am slowly pulling my way out of my irrational “oh-my-gawd-I’m-burnt-out-already-and-it’s-only-December” mindset. I won’t say my motivation is as high as it has ever been, but I have actually enjoyed going to the pool this week and my run this morning wasn’t terrible. It wasn’t a hard effort by any stretch of the imagination, but it was solid, so that was nice.

Last weekend was pretty okay too. After that much needed day off on Friday, Kirsten, Shane and I swam at Panorama on Saturday morning (a decent 3k effort for me) and then headed to the Lakes for a 90’ run. The run felt really difficult to me and I think our pace was pretty slow, but as we talked, it turned out Kiki and Shane were feeling the same too! So (this may sound terrible) it kind of made me feel better about myself to know I wasn’t struggling on my own.

From there, Kirsten and I capped off the training part of the weekend with a 105’ bike on Sunday along West Saanich and the Lochside Trail. While it was chilly, it was a beautiful day and the ride seemed to almost get easier as we went along. I think just getting out and spinning the legs was the perfect thing for both my mind and body.

So, I guess, I’m trying not to let one bad week eat at me and am instead enjoying over-indulging in Christmas treats and realizing that I’m in a good place physically with lots of time before IMC (35 weeks this Sunday!) - and, well, I have lots to be thankful for.

Christmas time is here, and it is my favourite time of year!

Merry Christmas loyal readers! (aka. Mom, Dad and Mandy) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment