Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Battle of the Sweets

When we last left off I was on a “no sweets at work” kick – and I’m happy to report, I’ve been going strong on this lack of workplace indulgence for two weeks now (10 business days to be exact).

I must admit my sins though… I had one minor slip up yesterday when I just couldn’t resist the lure of the Girl Guide cookie. Oh the chocolate and vanilla-y goodness. So I cracked. I had one chocolate and one vanilla (I couldn’t decide, so I had one of each). I didn’t beat myself up about this because, well, it’s a Girl Guide cookie – how often do I get the chance to have a Girl Guide cookie? I figured I’d just get back on the horse and not worry about it.

Unfortunately, my lack of will power carried over into the evening and after yoga class I hungrily made the mistake of stopping at the grocery store for milk and a few other essentials. Two wonderfully delicious (and totally non-essential) Panda “soft licorice” sticks later and I was home. (Those things are the best!!!)

The downward spiral continued at home. Apparently I needed to eat two of everything yesterday and after “dinner” I scarfed back not one, but two – count ‘em, TWO – cupcakes (one chocolate, one vanilla… I sense a theme here). Oh, and for the record, they were freaking awesome.

Anyway, a sugar crash soon followed and it was off to bed. Today I woke up feeling pretty good and tackled a nice 60min fartlek before work with Kirsten. Tonight is more yoga and a spin on the ol’ bike. Hopefully that will help burn off some of yesterday's indulgence.

On the “sweets” front, I have behaved much better today and I would say I’m officially back on the “no sweets at work” wagon.

2 comments:

  1. sadly I read this shortly after eating a chocolate bar, at work, rather than before :)

    I'd say you are doing just fine on the battle of the sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks...
    I just heard rumours that we are expecting a Purdy's shipment tomorrow. My resolve will definitely be tested!

    ReplyDelete