Monday, October 5, 2009

Ode to the Carbo-Load

As 'marathon week' is now upon us and the RVM-half is less than 6 full days away, I find myself thinking about the good old carbo-load. As such, an ode... (be sure to sing it in the tune of "These are a few of my Favourite Things" please)


Perfect spiced potatoes and roast veg risotto
Raviolis in rose sauce with bottom less bread
Peanut butter on bagels and a baker’s creation
These are a few of my carbo-load things

Rice cakes for snacking and sushi a plenty
Perogies in garlic with fresh pesto pasta
Cool berry smoothies and choco-chip Clif bars
These are a few of my carbo-load things

Cheerios and chai tea and cinnamon oatmeal
Apples in caramel with yogurt and banana
Baked spinach rotini and herbed focaccia bread
These are a few of my carbo-load things....

2 comments:

  1. Haha... sorry to make you hungry.
    The worst for me was I was singing this to myself all night after writing it and couldn't fall asleep. Visions of carbs dancing in my head I guess ;)

    ReplyDelete