Friday, February 27, 2015

Friday I'm in Love

The high of my week was exploring some Ukee logging roads with Shane on our CX bikes and enjoying a little picnic on a beautiful and deserted beach at the turn around point. While technically this was last weekend, I figure since it still falls within the past 7 days, it can still be the high of my week, right?





The low of my week was feeling kind of sick. Not sick enough to hold me back from doing anything, but just off. I've had a bit of an upset stomach since Tuesday night. Wednesday was the worst, but I've been gradually feeling better and better since then, so there’s that.

A blog post I loved was Out There: Life’s $1,000Question by Susan Lacke. Not so much a blog post as an article, but still. Also, this. Again, not so much a blog post, but it made me smile (a smug smile, haha).

For my workouts, I completed... 
Monday: a track workout at PISE with Kelly's group that went really well. I felt super comfortable and controlled through each of the efforts (we were doing 400s with varying rest at 5km RP).
Tuesday: bike trainer + core at the Loft, followed by an aerobic 35' run after work. I definitely dig starting my day with a pretty killer trainer class and some equally killer core work. The run post work was a nice shake out.
Wednesday: yoga in the am, trainer class with Kelly's group in the pm. All good.
Thursday: 15km easy-aerobic run along the waterfront after work. I've been fighting tight calves all week, so it took a bit to get warmed up and comfortable, but the scenery along Dallas Road really can't be beat.
Friday: my triumphant return to the pool. My legs needed a break and a nice aerobic based swim workout was the perfect thing. Nice and short, about 2200m, but it was enough.

The best money I spent was $10 on a ridiculously massive, candy coated chocolate/caramel apple. I haven't actually eaten it yet, but I thought it would be a nice treat for Shane and I to share at some point this weekend.

My plans this weekend include eating the above mentioned giant caramel apple. Also, more yard work – the broom bush will fall! Also also, hopefully a large bonfire if Shane can finally get the massive (wet) slash pile to burn. Plus, a Saturday night get together with some friends that we haven't seen in far too long. Probably some running, maybe some biking and perhaps a little Netflixing.

Now, photos. Happy Days. Day 30 to 38.

Day 30
My Blunnies. The best footwear when it's raining outside.
Day 31
This showed up on my newsfeed because a friend commented on it.
I don't know if it was just my mood that day, but it cracked me up.
Day 32
Amazing views during a fun anniversary weekend 'getaway'.
Day 33
Bike rides + picnics + quiet beaches = awesome.
Day 34
Sunny weekends with this guy.
Day 35
It was so nice of someone to bring my yacht back to the harbour.
Day 36
Silly mid-run selfies.
Day 37
Relaxing with the Mags on the kitchen floor.
Day 38
These posters that have been put up around our office building recently.

3 comments:

  1. Ukee is gorgeous! What I wouldn't give to be biking outside right now (as it's 3F). Love Susan's article… I find myself making excuses about why I'm not foam rolling or going to yoga, but duh… it's only hurting myself!

    Hope you're feeling better! Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't read your blog lately or I wouldn't have been so surprised this morning when you told me you were moving! Your return to the pool for a nice and short 2200m caught my eye as that is the distance I swam this morning, and my longest ever! I need to work on my attitude (not sure if that is the right word?) about comparing myself to other people as your comment briefly brought me down a bit :-( But you are a LOT younger than me, so I'm over it now...haha! It was great to see you this morning and I'm going to miss running into on any given day :-) Colleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That darn comparison trap eh Colleen!
      I'm sorry that me saying my swim was nice and short momentarily brought you down. Definitely be proud of your longest swim yet... you're going to have many more of those "longest ever" milestones this year and I think every one should be celebrated. :)

      Delete