Friday, March 15, 2013

Random Thankful Friday

1) I don’t usually love the whole “spring ahead” time change, as I prefer to have some daylight in the early mornings, but will admit, the ‘longer’ evenings this past week have been quite nice. So I think I might actually be thankful for the time change.

On top of that, it feels as if spring has sprung in Victoria, and the other night while out for a nice easy 60’ along the waterfront, the sweet smell of cherry blossoms that wafted through the air was absolutely amazing.

2) I’m thankful my work sends me to a conference every summer and I get to go to fun cities throughout the states.

This year, the conference is in San Francisco in July. I’ve been there a couple times before, but always for fairly brief visits. I’ll be there a little longer this time (albeit in a conference for the majority of it) and am really looking forward to getting to explore the city a bit on my own.

I also decided to look for running races in the area while I am there and came across this. Thinking it could be a good way to kick off my conference time and a good little tune up for TRR.

3) I had a lane to myself for my entire swim this morning and was definitely thankful for that. It was absolutely magical. When I walked into the change room and it was silent, I knew that was a good sign. Even the swim club only had two members show up. I’d say it was definitely a hazy lazy start to the day in the Capital.

4) I’m thankful that the sun was shining on my run at lunch today. Just last night I said to my Dad as we ran under grey rainy skies that I was kind of tired of running in the rain. Today, the rain let up long enough for me to get out and enjoy some bright skies and warm air.

5) I’m thankful that my parents are fit and active and young and that I have such a good relationship with them.

6) I’ve been teaching yoga at VI Fitness for Women for over a year now. Some nights I find it hard to get myself out the door to get to class, but usually once I am there, it is great. All the women are really friendly and I’ve been getting a pretty good turn out to class over the last couple months (which is a nice little confidence boost).

Anyway, I tend to go through these cycles of about 4 or 5 weeks where I feel like I’ve taught an awesome class and everyone looks blissful and relaxed as they are leaving at the end of the night – and then *BAM* out of nowhere, I’ll have a night where I feel like I just taught the worst class ever and can only hope that no one noticed. Last night was one of those “yikes, that was awful” classes. I’m thankful that the majority of classes don’t fall in this category.

7) I’m thankful that Shane and I discovered one of the easiest, most delicious treats last week at our friend’s birthday party. A simple dip of cream cheese, covered in caramel, covered in Skor bits. Dip some green apple slices in it and ~voila~ sugary heaven.

8) I’m thankful for Rusty. He is such a great little beast.

I was going through the photos on my phone the other day and would say 99% of them are Rusty and probably 89% of those 99% are of him sleeping.

 
 

 
 
9) I’m thankful my lovely friend Laura got a new job this week. She works so hard and so deserves it! While it means she won’t be coming back to Victoria any time soon, I’m still super happy for her.
 
10) I’m thankful for the new sweater I bought the other day. I love it, and I got a tonne of compliments on it when I wore it to work – from people I know and from complete strangers. Compliments have a funny way of making you feel good.
 
11) I’m thankful that there was a board meeting at work today and that there were leftover sandwiches – especially because I forgot to pack a lunch. Free lunches are the best kind of lunches.
 
12) I’m thankful it is Friday.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. normally i don't notice the time change that much but this week just about killed me! i agree, the lighter days are pretty awesome though!

    ReplyDelete