Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Hump Day Trio

1) I had a pretty good run this morning. After a 20’ warm up, I was set to do 2x 20’ at marathon effort with 5’ easy in between. There was a note in my calendar that went something like this “be honest with your marathon pace-this is your goal race pace, no faster”.

I’ve been struggling a little with hitting my goal marathon pace lately, not because it is too hard, but more because I keep going out a little fast. It feels good in the moment, but when I look at my pace after, I think it is probably a little quicker than what I can realistically run a marathon at.

While it feels great for 20’, will it feel that great for 42.2km???

Anyway, the first 20’ block was pretty great and I think pretty realistic. My pace wasn’t much faster than what I am hopeful marathon pace will be. The second 20’ however, the pace got a little quicker. My only justification is that I felt really good ~ I actually felt like I was running right around the same pace. Ooops. Obviously, my perception of my pace is just a bit off these days.

Regardless, I suppose it is nice to be feeling good while running. I’d say that is a win no matter what the pace.

2) I have been really hungry lately!

I recently subscribed to this website called The Fresh 20. I’m not the most creative in the kitchen and am not very good at planning what to buy when I go to the grocery store (yadda, yadda, yadda), so I often end up buying my lunch while at work and then eating some thrown together meal for dinner when I get home because I’m starving.

Anyway, they (The Fresh 20) had a Groupon and so I decided to give it a try. It was $24 for a year’s worth of weekly dinner meal plans. While it takes a little more planning and prep than just throwing the same old crap together, so far I’ve been quite enjoying the meals I’ve made - and *bonus* often have enough left over for lunch the following day.

Today however, I decided to buy my lunch (out of sheer laziness) and scarfed down a huge Burrito Clasico from Hernandez (fricken delicious as always) and a gigantic chocolate chip cookie from Pig (who knew a BBQ joint could make such delicious cookies!). It was a huge calorie bomb, but holy eff was it good!

And yet, I’m still hungry.

3) I finally spent my Lululemon gift cards yesterday that I got for Christmas and it felt oh-so-food (haha, typo, but I’m keeping it. Should say ‘good’ ~ told you I was hungry!).

I’ve had $190 burning a hole in my pocket since Christmas, but haven’t wanted to buy something just for the sake of buying something.

So, I went into the store yesterday at lunch just to look around and ended up walking out with a new set of run tights, a new long sleeved running top, and a new short sleeved Swiftly in an awesome green colour... and $15 left on my gift cards to boot.

Yay for sales and ‘R&D’ discounts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment