Saturday, November 10, 2012

I'm baaaaack...

So, I suppose I lied in my last blog post when I said "Next post from the Southern Hemisphere!" because that obviously didn't happen.
 
I was much too busy having a blast in NZ and pretty much just went "off the grid".
 
No cell phone. Limited internet. Barely any Facebook. Only the odd email check and, well, no blogging at all (obviously).
 
While I'm totally nosy and love checking out what other people are/were up to, for the past 4 weeks I've pretty much only thought about myself and the people I was with in real life, and you know, it was kind of awesome. I seriously considered never turning on my Blackberry again (although, I have totally failed at that and am now again a slave to that little "gong" noise).
 
That said, I did keep a journal of the trip and may share a few excerpts. As well, I will likely post my race report in the coming days, although that will be more for myself then anyone else (the main reason being so that in a year's time I know where it is if I want to reread it - as I likely will have misplaced my physical journal by then).
 
In the meantime, one of my fave photos from the trip. Zorbing with my Dad. It was indeed "a good giggle."
This may not be the most flattering photo, but it sure captures the moment :)
More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment