Friday, June 17, 2011

It’s almost race day…

Victoria Sprint this weekend at Elk Lake!

So, a few quick and random thoughts as Sunday approaches…

1) I’m actually pretty excited to race. Hoping for some good sunshine on race morning and a beautiful day to be out cheering on all the participants in the Half Iron (especially Kirsten – hopefully she has kicked the horrendous cold and allergies that have been plaguing her this week by the time the gun goes off).

2) Last weekend I had a great training run off the bike at Elk Lake and am hoping to replicate that feeling this weekend in a race setting. Fingers crossed!
[Actually, maybe I just need more positive self-talk – I WILL have a strong run off the bike this Sunday… and a fast swim, speedy transitions and a great bike too, right?]

3) One thing I miss about long course racing – the EAT EAT DRINK DRINK day on the calendar. There is not quite the same need to carbo load for a sprint eh?

4) Last but not least... I’m kinda excited for my new race hoody :)

No comments:

Post a Comment