Saturday, May 21, 2011

Yeah, My Parents are Awesome

This post is long overdue, but somehow the week just kind of got away from me.

Anyway, really, the title says it all. Of course, there are many reasons that this statement is true (cause well, my parents really are two of the best people ever) but the main one I write about today took place last Sunday, May 15.

On a very wet-wet-wet west coast day, both my Dad and my Mom conquered the Oak Bay Kool Half Marathon. It was the first race at this distance for my Dad and the second for my Mom.

We got there about a half hour before start time and found a nice tree to hide under in hopes of not getting completely drenched before the start (which, on this day, was probably a pointless effort). At 8:00 their journey began...

Oak Bay is a really spectator friendly course, so thankfully, I was able to catch glimpses and high fives at a few different points along the route. There were moments when they each looked really happy and excited and moments when they each looked like they were just ready to be done (but I suppose that comes with the distance).

It was great fun to switch roles with them for this event and be out there cheering them on! I’m so glad I got to be there when they crossed the finish line – even with all that rain, haha.

So, CONGRATULATIONS Mom and Dad! What’s next? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment