Thursday, December 23, 2010

I ♥ Swimming

I didn’t really expect to make another post before Christmas, but well, I couldn’t resist, because...

I had one of the best swims ever this morning!

Juan de Fuca is open again. I’m loving the fresh new lines on the bottom, the crystal clear water (that surely won’t last), as well as the fact that they haven’t got the temperature back up to normal lately so it’s more like Commonwealth’s competition pool than a kiddie pool. While it’s a little chilly when you first get in, it’s nice not to be sweating profusely from the lukewarm water within 50m.

But it wasn’t just the pool conditions that made this swim so great; it was the fact that I had one of those days where everything clicked – like really clicked.

I’ve been doing a lot of drills lately, and I actually think they are starting to pay off. Today was no different, I did drills, drills, drills, along with some “strong effort” 200m sets and, you know, I think I may have had some of my fastest times ever for 200m (and it was just a “strong effort” not even an all-out effort!).

It is truly amazing how having such a great workout can put you in such a wonderful mood for the rest of the day… :)

No comments:

Post a Comment