Monday, August 23, 2010

Penticton Bound

Well, the taper is officially here and the last of my workouts in Victoria are complete. I’ve swum my last 2 loops of the big island at Thetis for the season. I’m packed and ready to go. In an hour or so we depart for Penticton. Less than one week until the big day!

It’s somewhat surreal...

When this journey began a year ago it sort of felt like race day would never actually get here. Even as the season got underway and the half irons and other pre-Ironman races slowly came and went, it always still felt as if it would never actually get here. I’ve definitely had my ups and downs emotionally this week (but have been assured that comes with the taper) and am now feeling pretty ready.

I’m nervous, but excited.


[More to come from Penticton]

1 comment:

  1. Karyn: I hope you are having a fabulous taper week in Penticton. I am thinking about you every day and cannot wait to cheer you on from Victoria this Sunday. You are amazing!! xx Erin

    ReplyDelete