Saturday, June 19, 2010

New BIKE!

This week I splurged in a big BIG way and got an amazing new bike. It’s a beautiful Scott CR1 Pro from the Trek Store Victoria. I didn’t really expect to end up with a Scott bike, as the brand wasn’t really on my radar, but it was definitely the most comfortable bike I tested – and I definitely rode a few! It is probably a bit more bike than I really need, but well, I love it!! It’s so pretty I just can’t stop staring at it – with its clean components and beautiful Bontrager Aeolus wheels. Sorry old aluminum Felt, I think you might be going up for sale :)

Aside from a bit of a shopping spree, the week has been a bit of a down one on the training front as I have been very tired and just not feeling 100%. It’s slightly frustrating, but I suppose every week of training can’t be perfect. Luckily this weekend will be a bit of an easier one (from a volume standpoint at least) as I am racing the sprint distance at the Victoria New Balance Triathlon at Elk Lake tomorrow. I’m excited to race a shorter distance, but also nervous at the same time – it has been so long since I even thought about the sprint distance and there is definitely something a bit unfamiliar after all these long training days about going as hard as possible for a short distance and not worrying as much about pacing... that said, I know I’m going to have fun. Especially since I get to break in the new ride!









Also, how could I forget... pics of the new tri-suit!



1 comment:

  1. That's a pretty sweet looking bike Karyn...

    ReplyDelete