Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Do two Half’s make a Full?

This Sunday is race day.
Kirsten and I will be heading over to the mainland for the Subaru Vancouver Triathlon Half IM. (I really hope she doesn’t kick my butt too too badly).

I’ll admit this race has kind of snuck up on me. Shawnigan had so much emotion behind it. Ironman has so much anticipation in the lead up to it. Vancouver, in some weird way, feels a bit like a practice – a final test to make sure I can nail my nutrition; a chance to try and improve my run; a moment to push through the sore calf and the mental ‘instability’ it brings.

That said, I want to do well, and with that feeling of self-imposed expectation comes the nerves. It’s only natural right?


Anyway, my main goals for this race are:
- Nail my nutrition. [aka: no tummy woes and no bathroom breaks… please, please, oh pretty-please, no bathroom breaks]
- Improve on my run from Shawnigan. [aka: a faster time would be ideal, but I think I would be happy if I could get through the run without any walking and with the mental fortitude to realize my calf will stop hurting and that I am strong enough to ignore it]
- Have as much fun at this race as I did at the New Balance Victoria sprint.


3 days until Vancouver… 59 days until Penticton!

No comments:

Post a Comment