Monday, February 8, 2010

1:45 Hilly

On my calendar, my long run for the week read “1:45 Hilly”. I set out on this run on Saturday afternoon a couple hours after a decent 2x 1200 swim. I wasn’t dreading it by any means, but wasn’t super pumped about it either - it was more just one of those days where I knew I needed to get the workout in and I was ready to do it. My Mom was nice enough to accompany me on her bike so I had someone to chat with (which has got to be pretty boring riding for her since the pace is pretty slow). I did a two loop route (mainly so Rusty could join us for the first hour) that wasn’t quite as rolling as it probably should have been, but it had quite a few really big climbs and equally big descents, so at the end of it, I did feel like I accomplished the “hilly” aspect of the run….

Anyway, WOW… what a great run!

I had one of those days where everything clicked. My pace was consistent throughout and all the drills (mainly C’s) Kelly has had me doing lately feel like they are really paying off. Simply, my stride felt great. My body felt great. The hills were even - dare I say it - great! Everything was so good, that I was even able to pick up my pace pretty significantly in the last 15 minutes or so. At the end of it all, it was just really nice to have such a good outing after having been a bit tired the week leading into it.

Who would have ever thought I'd think a run (and an hour-45 run at that) would be the perfect "pick me up".

No comments:

Post a Comment