Thursday, January 28, 2010

For the Love of Cereal

Last night during a pretty intense trainer workout, I realized I didn't fuel the ol' body enough throughout the day and I ended up feeling a little wobbly at the end of it all. (The start of a trainer session "bonk" perhaps?)

Oddly, on my drive home, all I could think about was how much I wanted a giant bowl of cereal. Nothing else would do... cereal was it. [Although, I should let it be noted, that after my gigantic bowl of Triple Berry Oatmeal Crisp I did indulge in some more typical "dinner" food as well].

Anyway, it got me thinking about how much I love cereal. In the morning before a good workout or in the afternoon/evening as a snack - I could probably eat cereal at any time of day, for each and every meal! Hot cereal, cold cereal, dry cereal, sugary cereal, bran cereal, wheat cereal, healthy cereal or even the one with a Cap'n on the front... I'm not too picky when it comes to cereal and well, I've come to realized I'm not alone in my love of all things grain.

Here is an article from Runner's World about this tasty treat (you may have to copy and paste, as my blogging skills are lacking today and I can't figure out how to get the link working).
http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-242-300--12820-0,00.html?cm_mmc=nutrition-_-2009_11_12-_-nutrition-_-DIET%3a%20A%20Better%20Bowl

On the training front - minor bonk aside - things have been going pretty well. I'm back into a solid routine after the extended active recovery that was the holiday season, and getting up for early morning pool sessions now feels normal again.

My calf has been slightly noticeable (read: hurting) again as I've started to slack off on my massage and stretching, (but it is not nearly as bad as it was) and the slight tweaking I feel in it on longer runs has just reinforced that I need to continue to be diligent about taking care of it.

Otherwise, things continue to roll along.
Train, eat, work, eat, train, eat, sleep, repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment