Thursday, December 18, 2014

FORE!

I'm kind of a sucker for list/questionnaire things on other people's blogs, and I've seen this bad boy floating around the interwebs quite a lot lately, so thought I'd throw my hat into the ring and play along as well…

Four names other people call me other than my real name.
Dibbs
Darlo (Shane calls me this occasionally – more often when he is texting me than in person though)
??
??
For the record, people don't call me "double question mark" – I'm just suddenly realizing I don't actually have a lot of nicknames.

Four jobs I've had.
Concession Worker
Box Office Manager
Communications & Finance Assistant
Yoga Teacher

Four movies I've watched more than once.
Inventing the Abbotts
Hook
Amélie
A Christmas Story

Four books I recommend.
The Art of Racing in the Rain, by Garth Stein
The Life and Times of the Thunderbold Kids, by Bill Bryson
I Know This Much is True, by Wally Lamb
Wild, by Cheryl Strayed

Four places I've lived.
Victoria
Malahat
I spent a month living in Tofino in my early 20s, and Ucluelet is currently kind of a second home, so umm, yeah, does that count?
I got nothing.
Hmmm... Seems I have never actually lived anywhere other than South Vancouver Island.

Four places I've been.
Mexico, Belize, Guatemala (all on one trip, so I'm counting it as one)
New Zealand
Grenada
Hawaii
While my list of "places I've lived" is rather small, this list could go on and on. I've been pretty lucky in my travels.

Four places I'd rather be right now.
Ukee
Europe – any and all of it!
A beautiful beach, with an umbrella drink in hand. Hawaii would do, or Mexico, or Cuba, or the Domincan…
Peru (I really, really want to see Machu Picchu)

Four of my favorite foods.
Ice Cream
Pizza
Vegetable Medley (a casserole-type dish my Mom makes)
Quinoa (it's just so darn versatile)

Four things I don't eat.
Meat
Poultry
Fish
Olives

Four TV shows I watch.
The Walking Dead
Modern Family
Survivor
The Amazing Race / The Amazing Race Canada

Four things I'm looking forward to this coming year.
Time off from work over Christmas
New adventures
Eventually choosing a goal race for the 2015 triathlon season
[Hopefully] cheering on and/or crewing for Kirsten at her first 50k

Four things I always say.
"Colonel." (With a slight head nod greeting when I see Rusty)
"I don't know. You decide."
"I don't know if you know this about me, but I can eat."
"Sorry." (I am Canadian after all)


Want to join in the fun? Leave some of your answers in the comments or on your own blog.

1 comment:

  1. uh oh...I love these too!! i may have to steal this for my blog... :)

    ReplyDelete