Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Mike Reilly Said So

I've been a bit absent from the blog the past couple weeks as life and the taper and a need to just be inside my own head took over as we prepared to head down to Coeur d'Alene.

Going into this Ironman was so different mentally from the first and the second (which were both incredibly different from each other in their own ways) and I can say, without a doubt, I am so happy and so proud of how I did down in CdA this past Sunday.

The weather certainly made it the toughest day I've ever faced on an Ironman course but I think that helped to make the outcome even a little bit sweeter. The time on the clock didn't really matter to me, and I would have been proud no matter what it read, but a new PB was certainly the icing on the cake.

Anyway, I'm working on a full trip/race recap but wanted to put a little note up for all my loyal readers (all, what, 8 or 9 of you?), to show that I made it through 140.6 miles and am still smiling. 


Otherwise, Mike Reilly said it best… I am an Ironman!


And of course, the continuation of #100happydays

Day 73
Look at that face!
Day 74
Emerging from my favourite alley on my wander to work.
Day 75
Bikes are home from the shop and ready to go after a final tune up.
Day 76
Going through old family photos and discovering this gem.
Day 77
The joy on Rui's face after cutting his first piece of wood with the chain saw.
Day 78
5 days old! Meeting the lovely (and teeny-tiny) Miss Lily.
Day 79
The kink in my back was very happy for this little massage tool.
Day 80
Rusty on route to his home-stay for the week. 
Day 81
The fortune received at lunch. I figured it was a good sign of things to come.
Day 82
The best family ever, happily strolling through CdA.
Day 83
Heading to bag drop and bike check-in.
Day 84
Race Day!
I personally didn't take any photos this day, but it was still a very happy day. 
Day 85
The day after. Icing the ankles in a much calmer Coeur D'Alene Lake.
 Day 86 
Packed up and heading home.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read all about it!! That medal suits you well ;-) Huge congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck!! will be excited to hear how it goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooooo! Can't wait to read the full report! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete