Friday, December 20, 2013

It's Friday, I'm in love…

I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's gray and Wednesday too
Thursday I don't care about you
It's Friday, I'm in love…

And so, how about a few random ramblings?

1) Last week was crazy busy… CrAzY!!

Dinners out, comedy shows, festive family outings, whirlwind trips to the mainland and one giant family gathering (aka. gong show) in Black Creek made fitting in training a little difficult. I realized either sleep or training was going to be sacrificed, and well, it was mostly training that got the axe. I think I’m growing though, as the guilt I felt over the skipped workouts was very minimal… and thankfully this week has been a little easier to maintain balance with work, training, sleep and fun stuff.

2) We've had a puppy in the office this week. Rosebud. A co-worker got a new Boston-terrier/French-bulldog cross (a Frenchton) for Christmas. I've quickly come to realize that the best days at work are the ones when you have a puppy sleeping on your lap.



3) Not to be outdone, my sweet little (and by little, I really mean big) pooch is pretty much the cutest Christmas pup around. He never fails to make me smile.

Evidence.
4) I have curly hair, and well, if you have curly hair, you’ll know that finding someone who knows how to properly cut the curls is not the easiest thing. I’ve gone to the same hair dresser for years. She’s great. I love her, but she is a located a little out of the way and she just had a baby, so is working limited hours.

As such, I decided this might be a good time to try out a new-to-me stylist downtown Vic, so that I could go for a cut on my lunch break. New stylist did a decent job, but I have to admit, I’m not super thrilled with the final outcome. We talked lots about giving my hair more shape (as it gets a bit 'blah' and angular the longer it gets), and well, she didn't really deliver in the layers department (even though we talked about it in great length). Now I feel like I need another haircut, even though I just had one, but I don’t want to pay. [This is what the kids on the interwebs call first world problems, right?]

That said, she did straighten the ol’ locks at the end of my appointment, which was kind of fun. I definitely never take the time to do that myself, so it was nice to see myself in a different way.


5) We got snow today. I was really hoping for enough snow that I wouldn't be able to make it into work, but alas, it did not happen.


6) JdF (where I normally swim) has been closed for maintenance, so I've been swimming at Crystal pool this week. This means I get 50m lengths instead of 25m… and I love it. I feel slow as molasses in the pool and the chlorine makes me sound like I have the worst snotty nosed cold for a few hours post-swim, but there is just something about long course laps that is really appealing. I’m thinking that even when JdF re-opens, I might need to keep Crystal in my rotation.

7) Growing up, we always drove around and did a Christmas light tour, usually on Christmas eve after dinner at Grandma’s. For the past couple years, I've been thinking it would be fun to do a similar sort of thing, but instead of driving, maybe strapping on the running shoes with some friends and taking in all the festive sights on foot. After reading Kyla’s blog the other day about her run club Christmas pub crawl, it made me think about the Christmas light run tour once again… perhaps this will be the year to make it happen.

So, who’s in?

8) Dad and I submitted our application for Amazing Race Canada last night. Cross your fingers for us.


And that my friends, is all I've got. 

Merry Christmas to all... and to all a good night!

Or should I say, a very Murray Christmas to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment