Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Thanks.

I sat down to write a post about this past weekend (Thanksgiving weekend), about how it was filled with so many reasons to be thankful… and while this is so soo true (it was a great weekend), I can’t seem to get it to come out of my brain, through my fingertips, into any sort of sensical writing.

So, instead, here is a list of just a few of the things that made me feel all warm and fuzzy this weekend…
  • Sunny fall weather.
  • Evenings filled with wedding dresses and race expos.
  • A quiet pool and swim lanes all to myself.
  • Solo bike rides with the colourful leaves falling all around me.
  • Red Barn wraps and chocolate milk.
  • Marathon weekend in Victoria.
    All of it. The cheering. The smiles at the finish lines. The grimaces. The determination.
  • Awesome friends.
  • Witnessing Justin rock his first half marathon.
  • Apple fritters and americanos.
  • Seeing Kirsten grit out another marathon when her legs decided to fail her ~ and getting to run with her for the last few kms and think that maybe, I helped distract her, even just for a second, from the pain.
  • The return of The Walking Dead.
  • Sleeping in and lazing around the house.
  • De-slugging and portaging canoes.
  • Family dinners.
  • Apple crisp and tofurkey.
  • Comfy pants.
  • Gummy candies.
  • Cuddles with the pup.
  • Family.
    All of them. Shane. Rusty. Mom. Dad. Kirsten. Tyler. Grandma(s). Aunts. Uncles. Cousins.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a great weekend and it was beautiful in Victoria.

    Did you run the marathon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't run the marathon... I was strictly on cheer duty (which was awesome).

      Although *shhh* I did sneak onto the course for the final 3-4k to run alongside my sister as her legs kind of gave out on her and I think she needed some distraction, haha.

      Delete