Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Final Countdown

It’s almost here. It’s almost time.
6 more sleeps until the start of the TransRockies Run.

People keep asking me if I’m nervous.

At this point, I think I am more nervous about the fact that I’m not more nervous, you know?

Although, I am in that state of the taper week where I am so hypersensitive to every little niggle in my body that I’m pretty sure I need a hip replacement, and *ouch* did I just tear my hamstring? Oh and yeah, my ankle seems to be clicking more than normal walking up and down the stairs at work. By the way, do I have enough pairs of running tights? Maybe I should by a new pair of run tights… and socks. And blister tape. Gah!

Okay, so maybe I am a little anxious, not nervous – just anxious. But I think that is okay. I think I should be a little anxious.

I’ve read everything about TRR that I could find to read. I’ve asked every question that I could possibly think to ask, and yet, I really have no idea what to expect.

At the same time, I know I’ve trained well and that no matter what, this is going to be a pretty awesome experience. So, I’m not putting a lot of pressure on myself. I have one goal.

FINISH.

That is it.

Simply get to the finish line and enjoy every moment of this awesome experience with the best sister in the world.

[Lovingly stolen from NikeRunning's Facebook page]

No comments:

Post a Comment