Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pool Party

When I first saw this photo...


... I was all like "Yes. Yes. I couldn't agree more. Yes!" and the cool blue image and the lane ropes and well, just everything about it really really made me want to hop in the pool and swim. I had a sudden and intense craving to get up well before sunrise so I could stare at the black line as I glided up and down the lanes.  

Unfortunately, I saw it about two days after I had my eyes lasered, which meant 2 weeks with no pools, spas, hot tubs, etc. etc. etc.

Saturday will mark 2 weeks, so technically, I am allowed to go for a swim if I so desire. Unfortunately, when I look at the image now, I don't have quite the same must.swim.now pangs that I had nearly 2 weeks ago. Not to mention, the holidays being the holidays, other plans will keep me from the pool for a few days longer, but I'm thinking it is definitely time to get back in the water sooner rather than later. I miss that eau de chlorine smell on my body.

Then, with what seemed like perfect timing, I came across this yesterday and it got me thinking. This could be the perfect way to return to the pool ~ kinda like the workout equivalent of being thrown straight into the deep-end with no water wings.

Now just to convince Shane and Kirsten to join me?  

No comments:

Post a Comment