Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"Does this bike make my butt look fast?"

My brain has been feeling a bit tired the last couple days, and then today as I was trolling the internet, I came across a bunch of fun triathlon quotes, slogans and one-liners. So, rather than coming up with my own words, I figured I'd share a few of the quotes that made me snicker or smile....

"If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse."

"Obsessed is a word the unmotivated use to describe the dedicated."

"If your relationship is working you’re not training hard enough."

"Inside every car is a cyclist."

"I'm not slow; I'm just enjoying the race longer."

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; champions do it when they don't."

"Athletes are ordinary people with extraordinary determination."

"If you think you can or think you can't, you’re probably right."

"There are really just two kinds of people. Those who say I can't. And those who say I can."

"If it doesn't hurt, you're not going fast enough."

"Swim, Bike, Run, Rinse, Repeat."

"The only easy day was yesterday."

"You do marathons? How cute!"

"Some people consider the marathon the ultimate endurance event. We consider it a cool down."
[truth be told, I think people who run marathons are crazy MoFos and I have the utmost respect - but I still thought the last two quotes were kind of funny]

"PR or ER"

"Your workout is my warm up."

"How do you spot the triathlete in a room? You don't have to; he'll tell you all about it."

"Speed Hurts. How fast do you want to go?"

"Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion. You must learn to set yourself on fire."

"Triathlon: this much pain is expensive."

"Triathlon is Latin for HTFU."

"It's not about finding your limits. It's about finding out what lies just beyond them."

"Please help me learn how to pee in my shorts."

"Pain is temporary, quitting is forever."

"Don't drown ~ Don't crash ~ Don't walk"

"There are no atheists the last eight miles of an Ironman."

"It doesn’t get any easier; you just get faster."

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."


Now it's your turn... Tell me your favourite quotes?

No comments:

Post a Comment