Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday Happy, Happy Friday

Training is rolling along. Unfortunately, last week’s desire to get up and run hill repeats didn’t last and my funk continues. I still find myself fighting the draw of a warm bed in the early morning hours and battling the demons in my head on each effort I try to push through.

So, since there really haven’t been any changes in that regard, and it is sunny and it is Friday and even though I’m not running with as much motivation as I would like, I am still running ~ so for that I am thankful. And you know, life in general is still pretty darn good…

So, how about a random Friday spattering of happy things?

1) I spent part of last weekend up in Tofino with some of my favourite peeps, just camping on the beach and chilling out. It was a delight. I absolutely love Tuff City. I skipped/modified both of my long runs in order to hang out, wander through the local Saturday market and lounge on the beach, and while I felt guilty about it at the time, I realize now, obviously not guilty enough to make me actually get my butt off the lawn chair and run. It was a great little escape and I’m thankful Shane and I decided to head up.

My Surfer Boy.
Cycling: Tofino-style.
Bliss.
2) Holiday Monday [happy belated Canada Day by the way], Kirsten and I finally got our acts together and took my Mom for her annual birthday pedicure. Only about 2 months late! Ooops. It was a nice way to relax and chill out before heading to my cousin’s wedding in the late afternoon. Also, my feet were in desperate need of some love and are looking much better these days.

Because who doesn't love a good toe shot... (take 2) 
We clean up alright I think.
3) Every summer I get to go to a fun US destination as part of a work conference. This year it is San Francisco, and the go-date is quickly approaching. I’m really looking forward to spending my first day exploring the city with my co-workers, and then the next morning, before the conference gets underway, exploring the urban parks and trails in long run mode. I imagine I will be able to get a lot of hill work in.

4) It’s tour time! Not much to say about that, other than I still j’adore le Tour de France, just as much as always. I am kinda missing the fact that Cav doesn’t get to do his awkward podium kisses at the Tour like he did at the Giro, but I’ll survive. Also, even though he’s riding with a cracked rib, I’m still cheering on Canada’s main man ~ Go Ryder Go!

Oh, and Rusty made the tour convoy.

Yes, this is a photo of our TV...
Sadly, we are not at the actual Tour de France. It is hard to tell, I know.   
5) I bought three tank tops last night for $2.00 each. That is cheaper than what I would have paid for my ridiculously decadent and calorie rich coffee this morning. Thankfully, the coffee was a freebie.

And on that note, I think I’m out.

Gonna climb some mountains this weekend. Gonna roll with some new trail peeps on Sunday and just hopefully, gonna find that motivation, wherever it might be lurking.

Happy Friday ~ Happy Weekend ~ Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment