Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

... But the fire is so delightful! Too bad I had somewhere to go ;)



This past weekend’s unusual November snowfall kept me from racing in the Bear Mountain 10k, (err, 6.5k - it was shortened due to the weather).

Living at the top of the Malahat, we tend to get a little bit more of the white stuff than everywhere else in the Capital Region. So, when I awoke Saturday morning, we had about a foot of powdery precipitation - and it was still coming down!

The roads were being ploughed, and I probably could have made it down the ‘hat and up the Bear, but being a born and bred Victorian, my confidence with driving in winter weather is not the best. As such, I spent the better part of Saturday morning humming and hawing about attempting the drive down... by the time I finally sucked it up and decided I should head down, I realized I hadn’t cleared the car off yet. As I began uncovering the heap in the driveway, I realized there was no way I was going to make it on time and so I called it quits – car only half uncovered - and played with Rusty in the snow instead (which I think he was quite thankful for).

I’m sorry to have missed the race, but have gotten over it fairly quickly as this weekend I am going to be racing the Gunner Shaw 10k at Thetis. Kirsten and I got out for a run around Thetis on Sunday in an attempt to see the race course. We may have made a wrong turn or two, but it looks like it should be a pretty fun one.

Here’s hoping the weather cooperates!

No comments:

Post a Comment